Monday, November 5, 2012

PGC #19: Thank You!

Thank you for making our Paper Girls Challenge Blog Hop such a success.  I hope you enjoyed everyone's altered art.

I can't believe we are in November already.  What a great way to start the month at The Paper Girls Challenge with a Thank You challenge.  This one was an easy one for me.  If you have followed this blog, you know that I use A LOT of ScrapbookSteals.com's MidWeek Mojos for my inspiration.  Recently, Kristy Lee (the source of most of the MWM inspirations) moved from ScrapbookSteals.com to Kiwi Lane Designs.  I wanted to do a page as a Thank You to her for inspiring me to start scrapping.  Without here, we wouldn't be here.  ;-)

I recently started getting the kit of the month from Scrapbook.com.  They have a huge variety in each kit - which made pulling together this fun layout easy.  Ironically, when I got the kit, I thought I would never use this background paper from Basic Grey.  And wouldn't you know, it was the first one I used!!!  I added some color to it with my glaze pens.  I love the pop at the bottom of the page.  A few fussy & Cricut Cuts, a washi photo matte (yes, that black and gray background is made up of washi tape), a few Amy Tangerine elements and some stamping, and I think this is a fitting page for Kristy - considering it was one of her sketches.  Hee hee!  Yes, I know the chevron arrows are a little wonky on the top stamp, but that actually fits quite well.  Kristy HATES to stamp, so I think the imperfection works great.


Thank you for stopping by!  Remember, you have until Saturday, Nov. 17th to link your Thank You projects to The Paper Girls blog. 

If you aren't a follower here already, I would really love it if you were.  You never know when a little blog candy might be thrown your way!

Cheers!
Kristy

1 comment: