Monday, November 19, 2012

PGC #20: Winter/Christmas Theme

Wow!  I can't believe Thanksgiving is this week - at least in the US.  Where has the time gone?!?  Before you know it, it will be Christmas.  Ack!  Amber brought The Paper Girls a great challenge to bring us into the season - create a project that is winter or Christmas themed.

I recently started following Scrapbook.com's challenges to go along with their monthly kits.  Though I didn't use the kit for my layout, I did use one of their October sketches to make my page.  Here is the sketch:



And here is my take on the sketch:


These pictures are my son, taken when we lived in Montana in 2008.  (As you can tell, I don't scrap in order.)  I just loved the look on his face as he was trudging through the snow. 

Crate Paper's Peppermint works perfect for my winter layouts.  I also used some Kiwi Lane Design templates to help determine the size circles I wanted to use, and cut the curve and black dotted acetate stripe in the middle of the page.  I admit to using some Lifestyle Nesting dies to actually cut the circles.  There is NO way I can cut a "straight" circle.  Once I knew the circle size I wanted, I then cut snowflakes from the Winter Lace Cricut cartridge using some silver metallic paper.  Some miscellaneous Studio Calico embellishments & brads from my stash to completed the layout.

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Great layout! I love seeing pics of your kids before I "knew" them. It's great to watch them grow up.

    ReplyDelete