Monday, October 29, 2012

PGCB Fall Blog Hop


Thank you for hopping along for The Paper Girls Challenge Blog Hop. We are so excited to do this again. This time we are bringing you some altered projects.  Scroll down to the bottom to see the prize we are giving away for participating in this hop.  Happy hopping!

PS - Also make sure you are a follower of this blog.  When I hit 100 followers, I will do a drawing for some blog candy!

Here's the Line up:
Kristy MacKeen<-- You are Here


There is my project for the Blog Hop. I have always wanted to do an advent calendar for my kids for Christmas. I was so excited when I saw this drawer set that I knew I wanted to use it to make the calendar.  I am new to the whole Altered Art scene, but I really wanted to give it a try, so I jumped in with both feet and made the calendar!


This turned out to be a Stampin' Up project, without me even trying. I used their Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper, the 1/2" punch and a lot of Modge Podge.



To make the covers for the drawers, I cut 1 3/8" squares, then used the 1/2" punch to make the "finger hole" for the drawer.




After a little distress ink and a lot of Modge Podge, here is how the finished drawers look. You might notice the numbers don't look like the stamps in my "tools" picture. That is because I had a happy surprise in the drawers when I started to cover them. I didn't realize there were number stickers in one of the drawers when I started the project. So after coloring all the stamps from 25 & Counting (Stampin' UP) and punching them with the 1" sqaure punch, I realized I liked the included numbers better. Oh well. It was good practice in coloring little stamps.


Looks like my little guy is ready to see what is inside... ;-) One more month buddy, one more month.



The Prize:
 
Fancy Pants' Designs To the Moon Kit
 

What do you have to do to participate?
Want to win? Get one entry for commenting on each of the blog posts, "Like" the Paper Girls Challenge on Facebook, and finally become a follower on our blog (all are required for an entry). It's simple, you get to see some fabulous projects and you know you want to!

Want to have more fun after seeing all of the inspiring projects? Join in! Link up an altered project you created and you will get an extra entry for the prize!

You have until November 4th at 11:59pm (MDT) to comment and submit your altered projects. Winner will be announced on Monday, November 12th at 9 am MST!

International readers are welcome to play along but currently we are only shipping prize packs to the US and Canada due to shipping costs.
Have a great time Hopping!!

If you want to get an extra entry for the drawing simply make an altered project and use the linky tool to post your entry to The Paper Girls Blog. We are looking forward to seeing some wonderful creations!

***Also, the winner for Challenge #18 will be posted next Monday (11/5) at 9 am MST***

16 comments:

  1. Look at how beautiful that came out. Almost make me want to make another one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a fun project! Now you'll have the joy of filling it with surprises too! Great papers!
    PS: In case you don't know, you've got Word Verification turned on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made this look so easy!!!! I have been wanting to create an Advent calendar for a looooong time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love doing the advent calendars, I wish each month needed one :) I laughed when you said that you found the stickers in the drawer half way though....been there done that!

    Your project looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just about done with my advent calendar too...aren't they great to make? And will last for many Christmas seasons. Love yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this done and have thought about making one. Yours is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! I made one last year and my daughter loves it. I can't wait to get it out again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty drawers, now you just need to fill them with goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so very pretty! I LOVE the papers and I love advents so this is perfect for me! Thanks so much for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I have always wanted to make one of these. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is awesome! You would never guess it's your first altered project! This is on my list of things to make as well :)

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've considered getting one of these drawer advent calendars- love the final look of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I just heart advent calendars. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous and the kids will love it!

    ReplyDelete