Saturday, August 31, 2013

Simple Sketches: Sketch 1

Today marks the first official day of Simple Sketches!!!  Melissa designed a great sketch for us to start with: 


I decided that my coffee needed a page (even if my hubby didn't think so!).  I have fallen in love with Toffee Almond Cream creamer.  I'm sure my tastes will change again, but I really wanted to document my love for it now.  After seeing the papers in August's Studio Calico kits, I figured it would make a great page. 

 
Yes, I used that actual coffee cup, and coffee, to make the rings on my page.  I did "enhance" the ring a little with some ink because the coffee didn't leave dark enough rings for my liking.  The "Morning" started actual white Thickers.  I sanded them a little and colored them with a little paint.  I really dig the variation of colors it gives me.

Make sure you check out the Simple Sketches to see every one's take on the sketch.  They are all so fun and different!!!  You can even link up your take on the sketch on the site.

Cheers!
Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment