Monday, June 4, 2012

PGC 9 - Subway Art

I loved Erica's challenge on The Paper Girls Challenge Blog using Subway Art.  Subway art is using the mix of fonts.  When I found the Easter phrases on my Word Collage Cricut Cartridge, I knew it was I wanted to work with.  I put one of the Cricut pens in my machine and told it to fill the page.  And then I grabbed my Copic markers and went to town coloring.  My son had fun picking out colros for me to work with. 

The trick for me was to put the pictures on and not cover all the Subway Art (and where the heck do I put a title on this page?!?).  The other challenge was waiting for my glossy accents to dry.  I know it is hard to tell, but the 3 eggs and the "Easter Egg Hunt" were "glossed over".  I am used to Montana's dry climate when I'm using this stuff.  Here in St. Louis, it took nearly 3 days for the big egg under the green backed picture to dry.  Moral of the story, use lots of little coats, not 1 heavy coat.

Thank you stopping by.  I can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge!

Cheers!
Kristy

1 comment:

  1. Love your Adorable page! Super cute fonts and page!! What a fun page! Thanks for the inspiration :)
    ~Kim
    http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete