Monday, May 21, 2012

Paper Girls Challenge #8

Welcome to our 8th Challenge with The Paper Girls Challenge.  The challenge this time around is using chipboard - either use it bare or cover it somehow.  Thanks Sheryl for pushing me to break out my chipboard.  I have such a stash of this stuff, I just needed the kick in the bum to use it.

Thanks again to the wonderful Kristy Lee at Scrapbook Steals for a fun sketch to work with.  I've had this picture on my desk waiting for a great layout to work with.  I have use chipboard in 2 different ways in this layout.  The first, and probably most obvious is the title.  I found these bare chipboard Thickers on a shopping trip to Tuesday Mornings (you never know what you can find in that store.  I have scored some major deals there!).  I loved that I could color them whatever color I wanted.  Well, for this layout, I thought the bare color was perfect!  ;-) 

I also found the hearts in my stash and thought they would be great with this sweet picture of my 2 bugs.  But I didn't want them bare, so I broke out my Studio Calico Mister Huey's and spritzed away.  I used Heirloom Blue and Plum Thumb and accented with Opaque White.  A pizza box makes the a great color catcher!  As you can see, this box is well used.  :-)
 



Kevin loves when I scrap.  As I was creating this layout, he was in my scraproom the whole time, helping me pick out papers and accents.  The purple Stickle accents were completely his choice.  I think they worked great here.  Now though, I'm looking at this layout and wondering if there is anything I should add.  Does that ever happen to you?  Leave me a comment, let me know what you think!


Well, I didn't hit 50 followers, so the blog candy is still up for grabs.  When I hit 50 followers, I will pick 1 follower to win a little sweetness!

Until next time! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment