Thursday, April 3, 2014

SSI: Ombre Cards

You would be hard pressed not to notice how popular the ombre trend is right now.  You can find it in everything from clothes to scrapbooking to even hair (I'm included in that trend!).  

Today on Stylin' Scrapin' Inkspiration, we are featuring the ombre cards, using Stampin' Up products.  For my card, I used Bermuda Bay (Item #131171) to create my ombre effect.  Instead of traditional top to bottom ombre look, I took it left/right towards the center. I added a few drops of Bermuda Bay directly from my Ink Refill (Item #131156), then sprayed the whole thing with a little rubbing alcohol to give it the watercolor look.  I used rubbing alcohol instead of water to help prevent warping.

 

Ribbon twisted onto a Jumbo Sticky Rounds (Item #127852) and a sentiment stamped from Regarding Dahlias (Item #130327) finish the card.

Make sure you head over to SSI and see what the other girls have created.

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty. The ribbon flower really makes the ombre color stand out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. The red flower just makes everything else pop. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! Your ombre effect is awesome and I love the other colors with bits of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors on this card. The splatters are the perfect accent for it and the pop of color from the flower really makes the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Kristy! I love your Ombre!!

    ReplyDelete