Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Practical Scrappers: Emerald, White and Royal Blue

Today's feature at Practical Scrappers is to use Emerald, White and Royal Blue.  When I heard this, I KNEW I had to dig into my Kate & Co papers by My Mind's Eye.  The colors of the Oxford Lane collection is perfect for this challenge.  I also loved My Mind's Eye's July Sketch Challenge - make sure you check it out.  And the whole color scheme worked great with some more of the photos from our shoot with Stephanie Watkins.

Here is my layout:


I have a confession to make on this one!  When I was doing my masking/mist layout for Practical Scrappers a couple weeks ago, I had a lot of misfires before I got to that final layout.  This is background paper was one of them.  I used Studio Calico's Blizzard Mr. Huey to create the background, but it just wasn't working with what I had in mind so I set it aside.  I KNEW I would be able to work it into something.  ;-)  I think it worked great here.

Cheers!
Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment