Tuesday, July 23, 2013

PGCB #36: Watercolor!

I'm a little late posting this.  Yesterday, The Paper Girls Challenge posted a new challenge: using watercolors on your layout.  If you haven't seen all the beautiful work put together by The Paper Girls, go check it out

For my layout, I used a sketch from Simple Sketches as a jumping off point (excuse the pun).  I absolutely loved the sketch and I will be using it again!  Have you ever heard of Peerless Watercolor Papers?  They are these amazing little sheets that have some highly concentrated pigment embedded on it.  I got them in the mail right before we left on vacation and I've been itching to try them out!  It is amazing how much paint is on the little sheets.  I used some Stampin' Up Bridesmaid paper that had some vertical lines embossed on it.  They really stand out when I applied the watercolors to it.  A few diecut circles, some stamped water splashes, and my Kiwi Lane templates, and I have a fun layout about my son learning to dive.  :-)


Cheers!
Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment