Monday, June 17, 2013

May Arts Nautical Craft Challenge

I am very excited to be part of the May Arts Nautical Challenge.  If you aren't aware of how their challenges work, here is the quick version: they send out a call once a month asking for applicants.  Only 20 are picked.  I was very surprised when I saw my name on the list.

I have spent a lot of time around boats thanks to my grandparents, specifically my grandfather.  Every time I see nautical themed projects, I think of him.  I took this opportunity to work with some pictures of him from opening day of Balboa Yacht Club yacht club in Newport Beach, CA and his 90th birthday.  He was the oldest Staff Commodore on Opening Day and led the whole processional to start the event.  Watching this brought a tear to my eyes (and still does when I think about it).  The next day was his 90th birthday and our whole family gathered together to celebrate.  I live about 2,000 miles away, so it meant so much for us to be there. 

 


For my project, I worked with

Metallic Chain Cord 348-14-30;
Twill QN14;

I loved all these ribbons.  They were all so rich.  I have to say my favorite was the Metallic Chain Cord.  It is flat and lays great on paper.  It adds a fun sparkly touch to any project.  To create this layout, I started with the Peridot 7 sketch on ScrapbookSteals.com.  My plan is to frame this in a shadow box and hang it up on my wall of family portraits.

Cheers!
Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment