Thursday, February 20, 2014

SSI: Folded Banner Cards

Hi! I'm up today at Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration.

Is everyone enjoying Stampin' Up's Sale-a-Bration?  Have you picked out your favorite freebie?  If you aren't familiar with Sale-a-Bration...this is the time of year where you can earn free products for every $50 you spend.  I have to say, one of my favorite "freebie" from this year's Sale-a-Bration is the Banner Punch (Item #133519).  Today, I wanted to show you how you can use this punch to make some cute little folded over banners.  You can use them to make flags or hang them on twine to make a banner. Here is an example of a card I made using my folded banners as flags.


Here is how I did it:

I started with scrap of paper from the Sweet Sorbet DSP (Item #133521), folded in half.  When you put the paper into the bunch, be careful to leave a small gap between the very edge of the punch and the folded edge of the paper.  This will leave the folded in tact and create your folded banner.  From there, I snipped the top off a toothpick and placed it in the fold of the banner to create a flag.

I used the holes in the doiley to hold the flags.  Everything, except the flags, are from the Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit (Item #134797). To give a little extra depth to the flags, I added a Stampin' Dimensional behind the front flag.


Another way to use these cute little folded over flags is to create a banner.  I started our February card sketch.  I used scraps from the Fresh Prints Designer Paper Stack (Item #132996) to create the banner.  The other elements were also from the Everyday Occasions Cardmaking Kit.  
  

If you haven't ordered this punch yet, think about it adding it to your next order.  I hope I've INKspired you to try it in a new way.  And don't forget, you can use this same technique with many of Stampin' Up's punches!

PS -

Do you like the little feather on this card?  I couldn't just leave it flat, so to give it a little depth, I used my Simply Scored Stylus (Item #125624) to add little creases to help bring the feather "to life".

No comments:

Post a Comment