Monday, April 29, 2013

A Flowery Blog Hop


It's time again for the Paper Girls Blog Hop!  You should have come here from Jessica Arrant.
 
Here is the line up:
The Paper Girls Challenge Blog

If you haven't seen all the other wonderful projects, be sure to hop through.  There is a prize to be won.  More on that later.
 
 
 
Today's hop is all about the flowers.  I love flowers.  It is has been a wet Spring here.  While the plants are loving all the water, it has been a little hard on all the petals.  That's why I love the flowers everyone made for this hop.  They will last and last!
 
For my project, I made a birthday tag.
 
 
To start, I used the EK Tools Doily Petals Dimensional Flower Punch and punched 2-12" strips.  After gluing the strips together, I rolled them together.  If you have ever made one of these rolled flowers, you may be looking at this and saying, "Wait, this is upside dow!"  And you would be right.  As I turned the flower over to roll the edges of the petals, I noticed how the rolled part made a great center for a flower, so I decided to use it that way.  To me, it looks like a quilled piece.  To highlight the petal edges and the center, I quickly brushed a Versamark ink pad across the tip of the petals and the center of the flower.  A dusting of purple metallic embossing powder and a little heat from my heat gun and the flower was set to go.
 
Here is a close up of the flower so can see a little more detail:
 
 
 
Now, I did mention a little something about a prize, remember?  Well, here is what you can win by commenting on the blog posts:
 
 
 

What do you have to do to participate?

Get one entry for commenting on each of the blog posts, "Like" the Paper Girls Challenge on Facebook, and being a follower on our blog (all are required for an entry). It you get to see some fabulous projects and you know you want to!

You have until Sunday, May 5, 2013 at 11:59pm MST to comment. We will announce the winner on Monday, May 13, 2013 at 9:00 am MST! International readers are welcome to play along but currently we are only shipping prize packs to the US and Canada due to shipping costs.
 
Cheers!
Kristy

15 comments:

  1. Cute flower - love how things turn out differently than expected - all the fun of paper!!! Thanks for the inspiration - love the tag too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you used on the tag - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I love your flower. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag, m'dear! The rolled flower IS a perfect center for that flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved learning about flower making on this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so many fun ways to use flowers on this hop, I really loved the center of yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pink and purple and the edge of this flower. Thanks for sharing the tutorial, I can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful flower. Clever using the rolled center.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the effect of the rolled center. Very pretty flower. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tag and flower are adorable! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that is so cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow i love flowers ans this great.

    ReplyDelete