Welcome to the February Kiwi Lane Designs blog hop. If you are looking for the Scrapbook Steal's Blog Hop, please click here.
Welcome to my blog, Mama's Sanity. You should be joining me from Sherri Thompson's blog.
Here is the order for the Kiwi Lane Design's hop. If you didn't start at the beginning, please jump back to Kiwi Lane and follow along. There is so much inspiration on everyone's posts!!!
1. Kiwi Lane http://kiwilane.com/here/blog/
2. Cathryn Hanson http://www.catscrapcreations.blogspot.ca
3. Staci Jones http://www.scrapbookingischeaperthantherapy.blogspot.com/
4. Rebecca Keppel http://www.myclutteredcorner.com/
5. Melissa Dehne http://abitofscrappygoodness.blogspot.com/
6. Jessica Arrant http://errantscraps.blogspot.com
7. Charissa Miller http://www.akihasmommascraps.com
8. Sherri Thompson http://www.sherrithompson.blogspot.com
9. Kristy MacKeen http://www.mamasanity.blogspot.com <---You are here!
10. Sherri Funk http://faithandscraphappiness.blogspot.ca
11. Roselyn Riley http://prettylittlepackages.blogspot.com/
12. Lisa Anderson http://scrappingobsessions.blogspot.com
13. Leslie Prinkki http://www.scrapsofmine.blogspot.com
Remember to hop through all the blogs. Kiwi Lane will pick one comment from all the blogs to win a $25 gift certificate to their store (http://www.kiwilane.com/kld_shop.html). Comments need to be made by 11:59 pm, Sunday, Feb 3rd.
If you haven't worked with Kiwi Lane templates before, I hope this hop inspires you to try some of their templates. I began scrapping about 3 years ago, but find my pages come together so much faster with my KLD templates.
I thought it would be fun to show you what inspired me for today's layout:
This is actually the cut off from a piece of MME Lucky in Love paper. I had used Clara Lane 1A facing one direction and then another on a previous layout, and this is what I had left. It reminded me of a fish, so I decided to grab some of my ocean pictures from last year's summer vacation to make my layout. I was hoping to incorporate this "fish" in my layout, but it didn't end up working in the end..
The Accent 3 template (star) and Tiny Accent 3T reminded me of starfish (more inspiration here!), with their rounded points, so I cut them out and ran them through the Cuddlebug Tiny Bubbles embossing folders to give them a starfish texture. I also folded the arms just a little, then added a thick pop dot in the middle and thin glue dots at the ends of the arms to give it a little height and definition on the page.
The final layout was made using Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook and Trinity paper, some My Mind's Eye trim ands, as well as some Basic Grey tidbits. I created an 8.5"x11" collage from some of my favorite beach pictures, then split the picture at a natural "spot" to create this two page layout. The "splashes" of color were made with Heidi Swapp Color Shine. I used the following templates on this page:
Accent 3 & 5
Tiny Accent 3T
Clara Lane 1A and 3A
Abbie Road 1B
Tiny Tags 1
Here's a little surprise bonus for you. I have a set Sweetheart templates to give away to one lucky commenter on my blog. In order to win, you must be a blog follower, so make sure you click Join This Site over on the right hand side!
Thank you for stopping by. Hop on over to Sherri Funk @ http://faithandscraphappiness.blogspot.ca and share the love.