Monday, February 20, 2012

The Paper Girls Challenge #2

Wow!  What fun it has been seeing the work inspired by the first sketch at The Paper Girls Challenge.  I loved seeing what everyone came with...and I'm even more excited to see what today's challenge will bring.

Using a filmstrip on layouts is a very popular trend in scrapbooking right now (my favorite sketcher, Kristy Lee at Scrapbook Steals even used them in her Garnet 10 sketch last week!).  Even with the popularity of filmstrips, when Erica Bass said that this would be the theme for Challenge #2, I got a little scared...I don't have any photobooth/filmstrip style photographs, so what was I going to do?  I decided to make my own.  I have to say, I like the outcome!!!

To make my own filmstrip look, I grabbed one of my favorite punches right now: EK Success's Circle Large Edger punch and some black paper and punched away.



After I punch the border, I cut most of the loops off to created the look of the edge of a filmstrip - and as a bonus, I have a border I can use on a future layout!  :-)


And here is the final outcome and my LO for The Paper Girls Challenge #2.  The paper, letters and flower embellishments are all from Echo Park's For the Record. This is actually part of my book about our trip to the Missouri Botanical Gardens in 2010, so you won't see my usual date and information I usually put on the page. 


I hope you enjoyed playing along with us. I look forward to seeing everyone's creations. Be sure to check back on March 5th for the next challenge (mine!). Remember, you can take the The Paper Girls with you wherever you are with The Paper Girls Challenge QR Code:


Cheers!

2 comments: