Monday, September 16, 2013

Sketch & Stamp Challenges: A Double Dip

Hi All! 

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Ours was the usual craziness, but that is always the way when you have 2 kids, right?

I have to admit, I am combining 2 Design Team projects into 1 today.  Bad Kristy, but hey, it happens to all of us, right?  Right?  Jennifer over at Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration designed a great page sketch for us to use - head on over there to see the sketch.  And Heather asked us to "make our own stamps" at The Paper Girls Challenge.  I thought these would be great combined together!

Here is my page:


Recipe (all items Stampin' Up):
Paper: Winter Frost DSP Stack (#132183), Venetian Romance (#130144), Polka Dot Parade (#126902), Quatrefancy Specialty (#130141), Whisper White (#124302), Strawberry Slush (#131295)
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar (#131174), Coastal Cabana (#131175), Crisp Cantaloupe (#131176), Pistachio Pudding (#131177), Strawberry Slush (131178), Summer Starfruit (#126991), Stazon White (#106960)
Punch: Blossom (#125603), Pansy (#130698)
Etc.: Hung Up Cute Clips (#129389), Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247), Glue Dots (#103683), Clear Block Bundle (#118491)
 
As you can see, I was feeling a little sentimental.  I never do a page about me, and when I saw this picture, I thought, why not???  Go for it!
 
Remember I mentioned that The Paper Girls Challenge was to make our own stamps?  Well, for me that was my SU Clear Mount stamping blocks.  To make the background, I laid out all my ink pads and blocks.  I pressed my blocks right into the ink, and then onto the paper.  (The new ink pads work GREAT for this, better than the old style.)  Oh wait, I have a couple helpers that can show you what I did:
 
 
Note to self when I do this again...don't let the kids use your good SU ink pads.  I may have some Strawberry Slush on all my ink pads now.  But the kids had fun and were so proud of their work - that is the most important thing!!!
 
Cheers!
Kristy

5 comments:

  1. I love that the kids helped with your project...I get a little over stressed about my inks too...but they get so excited and there is nothing like seeing how much they love to create. Beautiful project!!! You are soooo creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your helpers, so glad you took a photo of them too. (future stampin up demonstrators)
    Love your scrapbook page too!
    sherrill graff
    late night stamper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great helpers! I think I get heart palpitations anytime my guy looks at my ink pads. no matter how many colors I buy him, he still always wants mine. I really should start sharing my crafty stuff with him better.
    Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW... you are so much nicer than me! I make Brooke (4 years old) use her own ink pads or mine one at a time...I only open one for her! But I love that she loves to get inky like her Momma! Good work on developing creativity in your children!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your page. The colors really compliment one another and that's a lot of stamping! Cuds to the kids my granddaughter gets into my inks all the time now. I showed her once and she now thinks she's a professional! Great shot of the kids as well! New follower. Come visit sometime would love to see you! All the best.
    http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete