Monday, March 11, 2013

Love at First Sight

Happy Monday!

I hope everyone is having a great day.  I am home with my little girl, doing one of the things I hate most of all about parenting - potty training!  Ugh!  But we are going to conquer this.

I thought it was a good time to do a layout about the day she was born.  It was love at first sight with this girl, for sure!  I can't believe it was almost 3 years ago.  I have loved watching her grow into a little lady - attitude and all.  ;-)  I started with the Amber 3 sketch on ScrapbookSteals.com.

 
To make this page, I used my Studio Calico Neverland Paper Add-on Kit (Crate Paper's Maggie Holmes: Remember This and Amy Tangerine's Yes, Please: Commit) for the paper.  I added some butterfly touches to background using Unity Stamps: Butterfly Garden and {...with her own wings} and Stampin' Up inks.  I soften the edges of the butterflies by tapping them with a wet wipe after they were stamped.  I am entering this layout at Unity's {be inspired} Challenge.  I also incorporated some prompts from the 213 in 213 Challenges at 2 Peas in a Bucket.  And you know I can't complete a layout without grabbing my Kiwi Lane templates.  I used Tags 1 and Tiny Tags 1.

This is actually page redo.  Gasp!  I know.  I am actually redoing a page.  The original was only the 3rd page I had ever done.  But from the day I finished the original, I was disappointed in it.  I'm not sure what it was I wasn't happy about.  It just never felt right. 


Thank you Shimelle (Adventures of Glitter Girl: Memoir Makeovers) for encouraging me to try my hand again at these pictures.

Cheers!
Kristy

4 comments:

  1. THIS IS LOVELY - thank you so much for playing along with the UNITY CHALLENGE - i just LOVE your pictures. :) HOORAY for new babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a BEAUTIFUL page! I love that paper and the ombre on the alphas, so sweet. I love that you redid a page and showed us the original! Isn't it fun to see how far we have come in our crafting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristy, I recognize that washi :). I love baby love layouts. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my... just darling and then I looked at your layout. :) Fabulous redo!!! thanks for playing in the Unity {be inspired} Challenge.

    ReplyDelete