Monday, March 5, 2012

PGCB Challenge #3

Hi!
For Challenge #3 on The Paper Girls Challenge Blog, it was my turn to come up with the challenge.  Being that I love to stamp, it only seemed natural that I come up with a stamping challenge.  I love to make cards and use stamps in the background of my cards, but I often forget to use them on my scrapbook pages.  I figured this would be a good challenge, not just for myself, but other scrapbookers too!

I started this page with a white paper, embossed with a diamond pattern from the Presto Patterns Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up. 


I used my chalk inks and rubbed a rust and yellow gold color on to the paper to make the diamond pattern stand out. I wanted to give it an antique look to go with the picture of my grandparents' wedding day 68 years ago.  I stamped the Everlasting Romance Stamp from Unity Stamp Company with Versamark and then embossed it with some pewter embossing powder.  I added some cream color Thickers from American Crafts.  They got lost on the page, so I colored them with some Copic markers.  Now you can actually read the title.  :-)  I was also amazed at how the journaling tag from My Mind's Eye's Laundry Line matched the colors I picked for the background.  It was purely by chance.  Some pearls, ribbons, flowers and brads and the layout was done. 

Here is the final product!



Thanks for stopping by.  Be sure to check back soon!

Cheers!

1 comment: