Monday, February 6, 2012

The Paper Girls Challenge

If you have arrived here from The Paper Girls Challenge, welcome!  I'm glad you joined us for our first challenge.  I had a great time working on the sketch from Judy Stech.  If you are starting on my blog, this is today's sketch - our 1st ever!:


This was such a fun sketch.  When I saw it, I knew I wanted to use a picture of my hubby and I from our Anniversary.  It was taken at my nephew's high school JV football game.  I know, what a way to spend our anniversary, but in truth, it was great.  After spending 4 years away from family, it was great to be able to go out and support him.  And being so close to Valentine's Day, it just seemed right to scrap about my honey.

To make this page, I grabbed some of my favorite Stampin' Up products:
Lap of Luxury Designer Paper, Full Heart Paper Punch, Mini Clothespins, Eyelit border punch, and Wisteria Wonder ink, pen and baker's twine. (All can be purchased at my Stampin' Up site: stampinkristy.stampinup.net).  The hearts at the bottom are 2 hearts layered together and hand stitched on to the paper to add a little deminsion.  I also punched 2 sets of hearts for the banner, and sandwiched the twine between the hearts.  You will see me use Thickers for my titles, as I did here, 9 times out of 10.  I love these guys!


I hope you enjoyed playing along with us today.  I look forward to seeing everyone's creations.  Be sure to check back on Feb. 20th for the next challenge.  Remember, you can take the sketch with you wherever you are with The Paper Girls Challenge QR Code:


Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristina, I just loved your page! Thanks so much for such great inspiration! I'm so excited about finding the new challenge blog and look forward to playing along as much as possible:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Kim! I can't wait to see your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. Great ideas for a romantic page L/O.

    ReplyDelete