Tuesday, April 16, 2013

This is Spring?


It's that time again.  Time for my Tuesday Tip Time, as part of the Kiwi Lane Design Team.  I was super excited to use Doodlebug’s Essential Flower Box Collection for this project along with the Chestnut Drive, Celebrate and Tiny Floral template sets (now on sale in the Kiwi Lane store!) .  The papers in the Flower Box collection were so bright and springy – so cheerful.
With that being said, here is my 2 page layout featuring twine and my templates:

Templates used: Chestnut Drive 1B, 2B, 3A, 3B; Celebrate 3, 7, 8; and Tiny Floral 2T

I know what you are going to say.  Hey, wait, those are winter pictures on that spring paper!!!  And you would be right, except these pictures were taken on March 25th…a few days into spring – and after 8” of snow fell the day before.  ;-)  I thought the wintery pictures would be a fun play on the spring paper.
To start this layout, I grabbed some solid cardstock and started laying out my templates (though you will see I made a quite few changes after taking this picture):

 
After seeing Celebrate 8 template, I thought it would be a fun way to highlight the title for this page.  So I traced the template on some cardstock.  After cutting it out, I started winding the twine around the shape.  Hint: Make sure you add a little tape or glue to both sides of the shape to make the twine sit flat.  I love the fun pattern the twine added to the swoosh (Sorry Nike, that's all I can think of calling this shape). 

 
I also added twine to the spaces between the flower.  Here you can see how both the title swoosh and flower look with a pop of twine.

 
Looking at all the happy paper on my table, I just had to make a card.  I was able to use a lot of scraps from making the scrapbook layout to make this card, including the cut-offs from Chestnut 1B and 3B.  I also used some leftover rectangle pieces to make the pinwheel and oval, using Celebrate 4 and Shapes 4T.

 
I have to say the best part of these projects for me was having my mom, who is not a scrapper, sit next to me and see how easy it is to make a layout, especially with the Kiwi Lane Templates to help!  Maybe I’ll make a scrapper out of her yet!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment