Monday, January 21, 2013

PGCB #24: Wooden Elements

Welcome back for another challenge from The Paper Girls Challenge.  I loved Heather's challenge to use wooden elements on our projects. I'm totally in love with Studio Calico's wood veneers. They come in so many shapes and sizes.

For my project, I used Studio Calico's Scalloped Circles and Potty People (cute name!).  I colored then with spray mists and added them represent my hubby and daughter.  I also grabbed my Kiwi Lane Ring 4 to create the ring on the lower corner of my page.

 
 
I also wanted to share another project I did with the wood veneers. This is the cover for my Project Life book.  Sorry the image isn't quite as crisp as I would like, but this is already in a sheet protector.  For this project, I used Potty People, Tweet (one of my all time FAVES), Scalloped Circles and Stars.  Wood veneers can be use for everything from adding little accents to highlighting an element on a page, like the 2013 on the far right hand card.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you can participate with this challenge.  Remember, it doesn't have to be wood veneers, it can be anything with a wood element to it - even that little twig you collected from the yard.  You have until February 2nd to link up your project at The Paper Girls Challenge website.
 
I still have some blog candy waiting to be given away.  When I hit 100 followers, I will draw a name for a prize.
 
Cheers!
Kristy

1 comment: