Monday, August 20, 2012

PGC #14 - Let's Get Messy!

Welcome back for another Paper Girls Challenge.  What a fun challenge from Amber - Let's Get Messy!  For me, that is an easy challenge.  I always seem to find a way to get messy when I craft.  I used to tease my son's teacher - you can tell if I've been crafting while he is in school, I'll have ink all over my hands!  ;-)

I have had this picture of my daughter sitting on my desk waiting to scrap since April.  I thought it was such a precious picture of her, that I wanted to find the right layout to scrap it with.  And Scrapbook Steals came through again, with their Pearl 5b sketch. 


This started as a plain white piece of paper.  I LOVE the wood grain look that is so popular right now, so I thought I would try my hand at making my own with some of my Tim Holtz Distress Stain.  Well, that turned into a BIG MESS.  When I pulled the top off the bottle, the whole thing jerked, and spilled about half the bottle on my paper.  YIKES!  I was able to pour some of the stain back in (yes, that was how much spilled!) and then took a dry paint brush to spread it across the paper.  I think it worked out ok.  Then I added some splatters from my Mister Huey's and Tattered Angels Chalkboard Glimmer Mists for a little color and pop.  I don't think it could get much more messy than that!!!

The frame around my picture is from the Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge.  My girl is really into pink and bunnies, so I thought this was perfect! 

I hope you enjoy!  We will see you back on Labor Day with another great challenge!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment